Sterling Rees were recently delighted to be invited to AccountingWEB.co.uk’s Making Tax Digital’ month.
AccountingWEB are the largest independent online community for accounting professionals, providing award-winning content for businesses and individuals. Each month they stream a ‘Talks’ session on Youtube with practical advice and this month they are focusing on ‘Making Tax Digital’ (MTD).
Following our early preparation for the rollout of ‘Making Tax Digital,’ Director Michaela Rees was asked to lend her voice to their much anticipated ‘MTD for VAT for small business clients’ webinar.
Airing online on Thursday 8th November at 11am, the 60 -minute live webcast will cover a range of key discussion points and aims to leave all viewers with a clearer idea of how to prepare for the rollout of MTD for VAT.
Joining Michaela will be Harri Coleman of Fabric Wales, one of Sterling Rees’s clients, who will provide her own insight and thoughts on the process from the other side of the fence.
Aimed at an audience of professionals with small VAT clients and owners/managers of the small businesses, the webinar will cover the following areas:
• The situation so far – What is known by the industry about Making Tax Digital
• The MTD process – Michaela gives her initial impressions on the pilot scheme
• Sharing experiences – Michaela, as a FreeAgent accountant gives an insight into how she has prepared her own practice for MTD
• Gearing up for change – Harri discusses how Sterling Rees have prepares her business for the change and the effect it has had on her.
• Industry insight – Responding to accountant’s queries submitted via the FreeAgent’s helpdesk and AccountingWEB’s Any Answers forums
• Q&A – Viewers are invited to ask their questions.
The webinar can be viewed live by clicking the link:
https://www.accountingexcellence.co.uk/november-session/ and registering for free.
If you are unable to watch it live, the webinar will be available on the AccountingWeb You-Tube Page. https://www.youtube.com/user/AccountingWEBUK
With over 3 million businesses needing to register for MTD on or just after the 1st April 2019, the robustness of the process is becoming increasingly important, yet many professionals and business are viewing MTD with a certain apathy.
The fact is, the system with all its initial problems, is likely to become a reality and we here at Sterling Rees wish to see clients informed and aided throughout the transition. With scant real guides out there, discussions like the AccountingWeb MTD seminar are invaluable and can provide a real stepping stone for professionals and businesses in getting ready.
We hope you can join us.